Todd L. Parsons
photo by K. R. Wood
My most recent curriculum vita and my profile at Google Scholar.
Stochastic population models and combinatorial stochastic processes arising from ecology, epidemiology and population genetics.
- Mathematical: density-dependent population processes, branching processes, Fleming-Viot processes, coalescent theory, and large deviations.
- Biological: demographic stochasticity, community genetics, robustness & adaptability, molecular evolution, and phylogenetics.
- Day, T., Parsons, T. L., Lambert, A., and Gandon, S. (2020) The Price equation and evolutionary epidemiologyPhilos. Trans. Royal Soc. B 375: 20190357.
- Billaud, O., Moen, D. S., Parsons, T. L., and Morlon, H. (2020) Estimating diversity through time using molecular phylogenies: old and species-poor frog families are the remnants of a diverse past. Syst. Biol.. 69 (2): 363-383.
- Parsons, T. L., Lambert, A., Day, T., and Gandon, S. (2018) Pathogen evolution in finite populations: slow and steady spreads the best. J. Royal Soc. Interface. 15 (147): 20180135. Supporting Information.
- Parsons, T. L. (2018) Invasion probabilities, hitting times, and some fluctuation theory for the stochastic logistic process. J. Math. Biol. 77 (4): 1193-1231.
- Parsons, T. L. and Rogers, T. (2017) Dimension reduction for stochastic dynamical systems forced onto a manifold by large drift: a constructive approach with examples from theoretical biology. J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 50 (41): 415601
- Harris, K., Parsons, T. L., Ijaz, U. Z., Lahti, L., Holmes, I., and Quince, C. (2017) Linking statistical and ecological theory: Hubbell's unified neutral theory of biodiversity as a hierarchical Dirichlet process. Proc. IEEE 105 (3): 516-529. Supporting Information
- Stewart, A. J., Parsons, T. L., and Plotkin, J. B. (2016) Evolutionary consequences of behavioral diversity. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 113 (45): E7003-E7009. Supporting Information.
- Stewart, A. J., Parsons, T. L., and Plotkin, J. B. (2012) Environmental robustness and the evolvability of populations. Evolution 66 (5): 1598-1612. Supporting Information.
- Morlon, H., Parsons, T. L., and Plotkin, J. B. (2011) Reconciling molecular phylogenies with the fossil record. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 108 (39): 16327-16332. Supporting Information.
- Draghi, J. A., Parsons, T. L.,and Plotkin, J. B. (2011) Epistasis increases the rate of conditionally neutral substitution in an adapting population. Genetics 187 (4): 1139-1152.
- Parsons, T. L., Quince, C., and Plotkin, J. B. (2010) Some consequences of demographic stochasticity in population genetics. Genetics 185 (4): 1345-1354.
- Draghi, J. A., Parsons, T. L., Wagner, G. P., and Plotkin, J. B. (2010) Mutational robustness can facilitate adaptation. Nature 463 (7279): 353-355. Supporting Information.
- Parsons, T. L., Quince, C., and Plotkin, J. B. (2008) Absorption and fixation times for neutral and quasi-neutral populations with density dependence. Theor. Pop. Biol. 74 (4): 302-310.
- Parsons, T. L. and Quince, C. (2007) Fixation in haploid populations exhibiting density dependence II: The quasi-neutral case. Theor. Pop. Biol. 72 (4): 468-479.
- Parsons, T. L. and Quince, C. (2007) Fixation in haploid populations exhibiting density dependence I: The non-neutral case. Theor. Pop. Biol. 72 (1): 121-135.
- Here's a Transport Canada case study of BikeShare, a bike lending program I co-founded. From 2001-2006, it was North
America's largest bike-sharing program.
- I am ranked 2nd dan in Yoshinkan aikido.
- For the sake of my sanity, I would encourage everybody to read this. You should watch this too.